Tickers: $PNRA, $DNKN, $SBUX, $CMG, $EAT, $DPZ, $MCD, $SONC, $RRGB, $DRI, $TXRH, $YUM, $QSR, $DIN, $BWLD, $RT, $CAKE, $CBRL, $PZZA, $WEN
- Brinker Menu Changes
- Our data from two different surveys suggests that around half of customers have noticed menu changes. While more customers like the changes than dislike, around 20-25% of customers who have noticed changes say they like the new menu worse (and cross-tab analysis tells us that a high percentage of those who have reduced visits like the new menu worse). In all, our surveys suggest the new menu is currently a negative for ~13% of customers from our monthly survey who had been to Chili’s in the past month and 8.3% of respondents who said they regularly or occasionally include Chili’s in their rotation of restaurants to choose from for take-out or dine-in (based on them being aware of the changes and saying they like the new menu worse).
- Causal Dining Competitive Notes
- Recently Increased Visits: The top four restaurants in which customers say recent visits have increased include Panera, Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks, and Chipotle (Chili’s ranks fifth)
- Expected Increases in Visits Going Forward: Top performers include Cheese Cake Factory, Starbucks, Panera, and Chipotle.
- Online and Mobile App Ordering: Dominoes, Papa John’s, and Pizza Hut are tops when it comes to usage of online ordering or mobile app ordering.
- Menu Changes Customers Don’t Like: Restaurants who got demerits from the highest percentage of customers for menu changes that they don’t like include Texas Roadhouse, Cracker Barrel, Buffalo Wild Wings, KFC, and Pizza Hut.