Open Report: Bespoke – NFLX Monthly Update November
- Price Sensitivity
- The median price that would cause paying subscribers to cancel is $15.00. This feedback is consistent with the feedback we got in our quarterly survey that we sent out in October. For this reading we asked the question in a different format (a fill-in), to confirm the result without setting outer limits to the respondent. The fill-ins confirm that a plurality would cancel at $15.00. This is useful data confirmed by two different surveys with different question styles to keep in mind as Netflix rolls out price increases now and in the future.
- Subscriber Trends
- Account Holders: After growth had slowed from Jul (15) to Jul (16), our tracker of account holders has been in more of a growth pattern through present.
- Net Adds: As this chart has matured we are seeing seasonal patterns to it. Net adds in 2017 look seasonally better throughout compared to results in 2016 and 2015.
- Engagement and Sentiment
- Subscribers are highly engaged with the service (which is a factor in keeping churn down)
- Net promoter score is strong, but has worsened over the past year.