Passing along an update to our China ecommerce tracker. Please keep in mind this survey was completed in Mid-March. If you have any questions, please let us know.
Open Report:Bespoke – China eCommerce Vol 20
- Online shopping feedback is mixed, with sentiment remaining strong toward most platforms but overall shopping frequency/spending reducing sequentially.
- PDD stands out as a platform that is testing well and improving in most metrics we track sequentially.
- VIP Shop has been losing mindshare to the likes of PDD, JD, and Taobao.
- Juhuasuan has continued to show declines in shopping recency among respondents in China.
- Taobao and JD still are share leaders and continue to sit atop our conjoint analysis results.
- Despite PDD’s emergence, in a head to head battle in our conjoint analysis JD has held its strong lead in consumer preference ratings.