Open Report:Bespoke – Cruises and OTAs Update
- Respondents remain broadly uncomfortable at the thought of going on a cruise, but the data actually improved m/m from April to May.
- Among those who are uncomfortable, they have becoming more likely to say they will never go on a cruise again.
- Those respondents who have been on a cruise before would be more comfortable going than respondents who have not been on one.
- We don’t have a very long time series for this question yet, but the percentage of consumers who said they would start their search if looking to book travel today within Google Search has declined for two consecutive months.
- The percentage of consumers who said they would use Amazon if they offered travel booking services has declined sequentially.
- Older respondents are the most likely to say they would book travel directly through the airline/jhote.. Younger respondents are the most likely to use OTAs, but they are also the most likely to start their search in Google Search or Google Travel.