Passing along an update to our quarterly survey tracker in China, fielded in mid-January. Please let us know if you have any questions about the deck. Keep in mind that our China survey skews urban (ie, more respondents from Tier 1, 2, and 3 cities. Open Report:Bespoke – China Quarterly Survey (Jan 23 Update)Key Takeaways and Charts:
- The percentage of respondents complaining of cold and flu symptoms jumped significantly higher in January relative to our October wave.
- Consumer concerns with covid continue to decline and the percentage of people expecting to cancel traveling, sporting events, concerts, cruises, etc, due to covid is sharply declining.
- Spending confidence increased a touch q/q. It still remains below series highs, but better than October.
- Food delivery usage has softened, per respondents, in recent quarters.
- Tesla awareness is at series highs, but intentions to buy a Tesla in the next year / three years / five years is lower compared to Oct 22 and Jan 22 readings.
- Opinions of American athletic brands improved a bit q/q, but there are still respondents who say their opinion has worsened and many cite the Xinjiang/Cotton/Humiliation as the reason