Passing along 9 reports from our China survey. Rather than jam your inbox with 9 separate emails, we are including a data room that will get you access to open all reports.
Open Data Room:Bespoke – China Reports
Reports in Data Room:
- eCommerce (Alibaba, PDD, JD, Vipshop, Taobao, etc)
- Casual Dining (Starbucks, Luckin, KFC, McDonalds, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, Dunkin, Burger King, Papa John’s)
- Food Delivery (Meituan Waimai, Meituan, Ele.me, Star.Ele.me, Meituan Paotui, Koubei, Dianping, Didi Waimai)
- Grocery (Local Hypermarket, Freshippo, Taobao, JD, Tmal, Missfresh, Walmart, Meituan Maicai, PDD, 7Fresh)
- Social Media (Weibo, Sinan, Tencent)
- Athletic Apparel and Apparel Sentiment (Nike, Adidas, Under Armour, Canada Goose)
- Streaming Video (iQiyi, Bilibili, Tencent Video, Youku Tudou)
- Autos (TSLA and Competitors)
- Consumer Electronics (AAPL, Huawei)
- China Macro
High Level Callouts:
- Coronavirus has consumers very concerned. They have been greatly impacted by it.
- The coronavirus has caused a cut back in a number of consumer related activities, with the exception of streaming video consumption and social media / internet usage.
- Ecommerce activity has not been as negatively impacted as things like traveling and going to restaurants, but it has not seen the same type of increase from being forced to stay at home that streaming video is enjoying. The main reason for that appears to be a large uptick in consumers cutting spending compared to readings one quarter ago.
- TSLA stands out as one worth flagging. Awareness of the brand and interest in getting a TSLA jumped up in our survey.
- Bilibili is getting increasingly important to users and have the coronavirus tailwind that streaming video is benefiting from.