Passing along the 8th volume of our work on Pet Retail. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Open Report:Bespoke – Pet Retail Vol 8
- Feedback related to pet spend overall is net positive/increased but worsened relative to prior volumes for most retailers.
- Pet product purchase shifting online accelerated q/q.
- Estimated spend per order pulled back a touch q/q for most retailers in our survey.
- Feedback related to increases in spend is most favorable for Amazon and Chewy. Petsmart spend is viewed as net positive but has worsened sequentially.
- A decreasing percentage of pet owners have been saying they regularly or occasionally shop WalMart for pet food or pet products.
- Pet owners still prioritize healthiness for their pet over price, but they have been increasingly focused on price relative to historical volumes.