Passing along an update to our China data on Covid, consumer sentiment, and sector specific / company specific trends. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Open Report:Bespoke – China Covid and Monthly Trackers April Update
- Still concerned and not “back to normal”, but first sequential improvement in sentiment toward Covid and resumption of activity.
- Consumer sentiment toward personal finances and spending worsens considerably.
- Sentiment toward US / China relations worsens, again. All-time lows.
- Streaming usage and mobile engagement remains strong.
- Smartphone refresh cycles stretching, shifting toward Android.
- eCommerce mixed to positive. Improvements for PDD sequentially.
- Casual dining visits flat against March (which showed a drop).
- Grocery Delivery and food delivery continues to grow.