Open Report:Bespoke – Mattresses Vol 15
Key Takeaways and Key Charts:
- The percentage of consumers who bought a mattress in the past year has risen over the history of our survey. Online continues to gain market share and mindshare.
- Awareness of both Casper and Purple have climbed over the history of our survey, along with Mattress Firm. Awareness of Tempur-Pedic, Serta, and Sealy has declined over time.
- The percentage of respondents who think Tempur-Pedic is the best has declined over the history of our survey. The same is true for Serta and Sealy.
- While comfort and quality are still most important, those two driving forces behind mattress purchases have ceded ground to convenience and price point.
- Consumers continue to pull forward their expectations of how often they should be buying mattresses.
- Satisfaction with bed-in-a-box mattresses remains positive among those who have purchased them. Respondents report they have been holding up better than expected, on average.