Passing along updates to our food delivery surveys in the US and UK. Please let us know if you have any questions about the reports. Open Reports:
- US Survey:
- The broad group of all food delivery users are more likely to prefer DoorDash over Uber Eats, but specifically among respondents who use BOTH, a higher percentage prefers Uber Eats.
- Food Delivery app users are morel ikely to view it as a luxury (49.1%) than a necessity (20.0%). This ties out with another survey we ran in which food delivery was more on the “nice-to-have” spectrum relative to other categories that we closer to “need-to-have”
- Food delivery usage / engagement was roughly consistent with last wave, which is better than pre-pandemic levels but worse than “during pandemic” levels.
- The percentages of food delivery app users who say they regularly or occasionally use apps like DoorDash and Uber Eats have been flatter of late following a period of time in which they grew sequentially from 2019 until the beginning of 2022.
- UK Survey
- Frequency of using food delivery apps improved q/q, but remain off series highs set in April of 2021.
- Consumer self-reported uptake of Just Eat (combination of a KPI expressing awareness and usage frequency) has been flat in recent quarters. Uber Eats, Deliveroo, and Food Hub, have made gains during this same period. Historical data trends point to Uber Eats in particular as a recent share gainer.
Charts | US Survey:
Charts | UK Survey: