Open Report:Bespoke – Hamilton and Other Upcoming Movies
- Hamilton is one of the most recognized upcoming movies by consumers (second in our survey only to Mulan).
- 46.7% of those who have heard about Hamilton’s upcoming movie release are likely or very likely to watch it. Likelihood of watching Hamilton trails likelihood of watching other upcoming titles in our survey among those who are aware of each (for many of many of these, it could be because a smaller and more enthused audience for that particular title has heard of it). As a guidepost, a higher % of consumers have heard of Mulan and those people are more likely to watch it than Hamilton (but Mulan is slated to be a national release).
- 47.3% of those who say they are likely or very likely to watch Hamilton are Disney+ account holders already, which means the balance is going to have to find some other way to watch it (and a 7 day free trial will not be on the table). Of the 52.7% of likely watchers who are not currently account holders, 69.4% said they would probably or definitely sign up to watch it.
- Of those who say they will sign up to Disney+ to watch Hamilton, 65.1% say they will probably or definitely continue paying for their subscription after they watch the movie.
- The Kissing Booth 2 (Netflix) and Greyhound (Apple TV+) are also anticipated titles that a high percentage intend to watch.