With news of DraftKings imminent IPO, we wanted to share data from the last time we collected data on the topic. Please note that the last time we ran this survey was one year ago, in April of 2019. We plan to re-activate the survey this coming month and would be happy to incorporate any specific questions that you might like us to ask going forward.
Open Report:Bespoke – DKNG Report
- Football is the key sport for sports gambling in the US, followed by basketball. Baseball had been in decline vs. historical readings (suggesting the football season being played this Fall would be key for Draftkings).
- Sports gamblers were slowly moving away from the casino and toward other methods of placing sports bets.
- Participation in sports betting and daily fantasy are still in the early innings of penetration in the country.
- From the end of 2018 through April 2019, DraftKings really pulled away in the market share battle with FanDuel.
- 17% of respondents who do not gamble on sports said they would at least try it if it became legal in their state.