Open Report:Bespoke – Ride Sharing Vol 17
- Downloads of both Uber and Lyft have trended higher sequentially. In 2016, 80% of respondents did not have any of the ride sharing apps downloaded on their phone. Today, that percentage has dropped to 57.3%.
- Usage is similar Among respondents who have downloaded BOTH Uber AND Lyft. Respondents who have downloaded both but use it less than once per month favor Uber.
- Users of Uber and Lyft offer similar responses, and mostly positive, when it comes to sentiment questions (value, convenience, etc).
- Consumers continue to suggest that they would be highly sensitive to an increase in prices of around 10-15% (~75% would reduce or stop usage).
- Drivers also indicate a resistance to an increase in take rates or reduced incentives and have been slightly less willing over time to accept it.
- After worsening for two consecutive quarters, driver satisfaction recovered a bit q/q for both Uber and Lyft.