Passing along an update to our work on advertising executives. There is some really interesting feedback on ad budgets overall, on the social media ad channel, and on AMZN. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Open Report: Bespoke – Ad Execs Vol 9
- Covid-19 is causing a severe impact on ad budgets and pricing.
- Ad execs expect the most severe decline in spending relative to normal levels to happen in 2Q20 and expect to not be “above water” compared to normal spend levels until 1Q21.
- Social media is expected to be the most resilient ad channel throughout the covid impacts. Traditional direct mail and print are expected to fare the worst.
- The largest pull back in spending is coming from clients in travel/tourism, restaurants, and retail.
- The largest increase in spending is coming from clients in Pharma, beer/liquor/wine, online retail, and technology.
- Amazon is called out as a major expected share winner over the next 3-6 months (68% of ad execs expect them to pick up share). Snapchat is called out as the only expected (net) share loser.