Passing along the 16th volume of our work on footwear and athletic clothing.
Open Report:Bespoke – Footwear and Athletic Clothing
- Footwear purchases pulled back q/q and y/y.
- Footwear purchase preference continues to shift online.
- Most of the data we track on Foot Locker worsened sequentially.
- Although all clothing purchases have been impacted, athletic clothing have been impacted the least of all types tested (less than jeans/denim, casual, and dress clothing).
- Under Armour has been trending higher when it comes to the % of consumers who would choose them if buying sneakers today.
- The percentage of consumers wearing athletic clothing increased in March and April. Nike, Adidas, and Under Armour have been the biggest beneficiaries and are viewed most favorable (along with Lululemon).