Passing along an update from our monthly tracker. This data was collected from 3/10-3/16, which makes it a very fresh look at how the consumer is feeling at the moment.
Open Report:Bespoke – US Macro and Covid (March Update)
- Covid concerns dropped to a new series low. The percentage of people complaining of cold and flu symptoms dropped m/m and consumers are less likely to be taking measures to avoid Covid relative to prior months.
- Consumer confidence in the economy has softened in recent months.
- Consumer expectations around inflation continued the recent trend of charging higher. For the first time in the history of our tracker, inflation expectations for the next year exceed expectations for the next five and ten years.
- Sentiment toward discretionary spending plans and personal finances remains off recent series highs – roughly consistent m/m.
- The % of consumers calling out higher gas prices increased sharply m/m.
- Interest in buying Bitcoin has continued its recent declining trend.
- Investor sentiment declined m/m.