Open Report:Bespoke – Meal Kits and Grocery
- Usage of meal kits has increased sequentially.
- Usage of most meal kit providers in our survey showed improvement (both in our quarterly and monthly surveys).
- Among those who had used meal kits in the past but stopped, “too expensive” remains the top complaint.
- Blue Apron is the most popular of the meal kits we test, but Hello Fresh received the strongest sentiment based feedback.
- An increasing percentage of respondents are using grocery delivery. Amazon Fresh has shown the most significant increase in usage over the past year, but all platforms have trended higher.
- Instacart performed well in our survey. Amazon Fresh users are more likely to also use Instacart than any other service, making it a top competitor.