Passing along results from a new survey we ran on respondents who a) work at companies with 500+ employees who b) work in IT/engineering department c) use cloud computing services and have visibility into usage.
Open Report:Bespoke – Enterprise Cloud Computing Vol 1
- Respondents expect cloud computing to be increasingly important to their business going forward (private even more than public).
- Users of each cloud platform generally expect to be pretty sticky on each respective platform.
- Users of each cloud platform express net increases in spend compared to last year by a good amount.
- Increases in spend are being driven by storage, SAAS, IAAS, and PAAS.
- Satisfaction with all platforms is very strong.
- Around the same % of Azure users who don’t use AWS and AWS users who don’t use Azure are considering trying the other in the next year.