Passing along an updated volume of our work on UK retail covering grocery, food delivery, online retail, footwear, and apparel. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Open Report:Bespoke – UK Retail Vol 6
- Covid is causing financial concerns and changes in consumer behavior.
- Streaming, social media, delivery, shopping online, and cooking at home are all increasing while Shopping in-stores, shopping for non-essentials, ride sharing apps, live events, and going to the gym are decreasing.
- Nike performed especially well in our UK survey tracker. In addition to seeing improved sentiment, consumers have steadily been shifting more and more toward favoring it over Adidas.
- Grocery spending is up q/q, though consumers are still telling us they’d like to reduce the amount they spend on groceries.
- Deliveroo has gained customers steadily over the history of our survey and jumped higher in April relative to January. Just eat usage increased q/q but is lower than series highs in July of 2019.
- Feedback is strong for Amazon overall, but trends have worsened sequentially in recent quarters.