Passing along the 8th volume of our work on personal care and household items. Unsurprisingly, there are some significant shifts going on in consumer behavior related to stocking up on food/personal care items and on their attention to cleanliness and hygiene.
Open Report:Bespoke – CPGs, Soda, and Energy Drinks Vol 8
- Consumers are keeping more groceries and personal care items in inventory than they typically do. The majority who are keeping higher inventory plan to continue to do so going forward.
- Cleanliness, personal health, and personal hygiene are getting more important to a large percentage of consumers. Consumers have been washing hands and cleaning more often than normal.
- Most personal care categories show increases, led by hand sanitizer, toilet paper, cleaners, and hand soap. Razor and Makeup are the only categories showing net declines.
- Sentiment toward larger, incumbent brands, has been gradually improving. Shopping preferences for personal care and household items shifted more toward online q/q.
- Groceries and personal care item spend would hold up well against a recession / negative personal financial impact.
- Diet soda consumption showed some sequential improvement. Energy drink consumption softened q/q.