Passing along an updated volume of our work on fitness including a deep-dive on PTON. Please let us know if you have any questions about the report. Please note: we summarize the domestic data at the front, but we also have a few slides of feedback from the UK at the end of the report.
Open Report:Bespoke – Fitness and PTON Vol 14
- Gym attendance shifted heavily toward slowing/stopping from March to April. Respondents expect to go less often than normal going forward, but there are SOME gym members who expect to go back to normal IN THE FUTURE.
- Peloton has a very strong brand perception in our survey. It is easily the first brand that comes to mind for consumers when it comes to at-home fitness and it is one of the top fitness products that consumers desire to get that they don’t have now.
- Gym members showed a considerable increase Q/Q in willingness to drop their gym membership to use only in-home exercise equipment.
- The percentage of consumers who currently own or subscribe/pay to use Peloton and other at-home fitness products increased q/q. The percentage of respondents who just use Peloton Digital app increased considerably q/q.
- Peloton customers use the products/services very frequently. Respondents who own the equipment are much “stickier” than those who have access to shared equipment.
- Likelihood of buying Peloton equipment in the future ticked up q/q, but the perception among those unlikely to buy that it is “expensive” remains PREVAILS.