Passing along new coverage focused on video gamers in South Korea. Please let us know if you have any questions about the report.
Open Report:Bespoke – South Korea Video Games Vol 1
- For the most part, gamers expect to buy more games in 2020 compared to the number of games they bought in 2019.
- In the next few months, respondents who do not own each respective console are more likely to purchase the Switch or Switch Lite compared to the PS4 or Xbox One.
- The PS5 figures to be more popular than the Series X among all gamers (though we would note, price level does impact purchase likelihood).
- PS4 owners are slightly more likely to say they recently reduced how often they buy games.
- Among those who increased PS4 game purchases, Covid was prominently called out as a reason why.
- Among those who reduced PS4 game purchases, most call out Money (we only saw a few instances of respondents saying it is because they are waiting for PS5).