Passing along the 18th volume of our work on low-cost retailers. Please let us know if you have any questions about the report.
Open Report:Bespoke – Low Cost Retailers Vol 18
- The percentage of consumers who visited Wal-Mart and Target in-stores declined sequentially.
- The percentage of consumers who visited Wal-Mart and Target websites ticked up sequentially. Wal-Mart and Target were among the most popular retailers purchased from online following Amazon.
- Data around shopping frequency, spend per visit, personal assessment of shopping changes for Wal-Mart and Target worsened a bit q/q.
- Target customers increased their reliance on the retailer for groceries and other categories like Beauty/Grooming, Health, Video Games, etc.).
- Respondents in the northeast and west pulled back on spending/visits more than respondents in the south and midwest.
- Respondents “working from home” were considerably more likely to have made a purchase from target during the past month.