Open Report:Bespoke – Low Cost Retailers Vol 17
Key Takeaways and Key Charts:
- An increasing percentage of recent customers of both Wal-Mart and Target say that prices have been higher when they most recently visited the store.
- Wal-Mart customers give it high ratings for delivering on convenience and pricing. Target customers give it high ratings for delivering on appearance and feel of the store and convenience.
- the % of all consumers who have recently visited both Target and Wal-Mart has been flattish sequentially but visit frequency among those who have been in the past six months continues to improve.
- Average spend per visit at both Target and Wal-Mart have improved over time.
- Wal-Mart and Target customers consistently agree that the retailers sell products they want or need.
- Target has the edge over Wal-Mart in customer feedback about “unique products they can’t find elsewhere” and Wal-Mart has the edge over Target for “value.”