Passing along the 15th volume of our quarterly work on food delivery apps. Please let us know if you have any questions about the report.
Open Report:Bespoke – Food Delivery Apps Vol 15
- Food delivery app usage and downloads increase q/q.
- Uber Eats performed especially well in this volume.
- Covid has caused food delivery users to increase their usage (according to users), and the trend is expected to continue going forward (biggest lift for Uber Eats).
- Users of food delivery apps have positive opinions of platforms overall, but have grown more concerned with how expensive they are q/q.
- If exposed to financial hardship, the most frequent food delivery users would net increase their usage (in contrast, infrequent users would drastically reduce usage).
- Usage of food delivery apps was more incremental for casual dining restaurants in April compared to January (which makes sense given stay-at-home orders).