Passing along results to our survey of 175 restaurant owners and general managers to scope their usage of / sentiment toward third party food delivery apps. Please let us know if you have any questions about the report.
- Respondents firmly believe third party food delivery apps will continue to gain share of purchases over time.
- Restaurants figure to be very sticky on all platforms tested (stickier on DoorDash and Uber Eats compared to Grubhub and Postmates).
- Restaurants believe the apps drive sales growth and profit growth (albeit, to a lesser extent than sales growth).
- Respondents agree that third party apps drive increases in frequency of use, in basket size, and first-time users.
- The vast majority of respondents feel that their most loyal customers order through the restaurant directly.
- DoorDash is generally viewed the most favorably by restaurant owners and in most cases tested more favorably than Uber Eats.
- The importance of all platforms to restaurants became net-more important because of coronavirus and social distancing (DoorDash is enjoying the most tailwind).
- Restaurants are fairly sensitive toward potential increases in fees/take rates.