Open Report:Bespoke – UK Retail Vol 6
- UK Macro sentiment improved q/q after previously worsening for a number of quarters. Consumers have been less likely to think gas prices are higher (sequentially) and opinions of Brexit are net negative but improving.
- Primark remains the most popular apparel retailer. Data around Zara has shown sequential declines.
- For footwear, Skechers data has improved sequentially. Nike and Adidas remain the most popular, but respondents are increasingly giving Nike the competitive edge.
- Tesco is the most popular grocer, followed by ASDA. Consumers are most likely to say Aldi and Lidl are popularity gainers. Grocery ordering online has edged higher over time.
- Food delivery from restaurants is off series highs and has been flattish since we started asking about it. Just Eat has a lead in engagement, but it has been losing ground sequentially (Deliveroo has been gaining).
- Awareness around Asos and Boohoo has increased over time, and they remain better positioned competitively in the UK compared to Zalando.