Open Report:Bespoke – Unemployment Spending PowerKey Takeaways:
- Consumers on unemployment have mostly noticed $600 boost.
- Consumers on unemployment mostly say that the check is greater than what they were paid by their most recent job.
- Those on unemployment who noticed checks being greater than normal lean toward saving more than spending, but it is not ALL being saved.
- Consumers on unemployment who have noticed their unemployment checks being greater than normal exhibit greater confidence in discretionary spending and a higher likelihood of having bought something from a variety of retailers in the past month.
- The stimulus check provided some lift, but not as much as the boost in unemployment check amounts.